How to Improve HR Management
As a business owner, it is important to make sure that your company has the best HR management possible. Hiring the right people for the job is key, but also making sure they are happy and productive in their role. This article will cover some of the most common mistakes made by businesses when it comes to hiring new employees, keeping them engaged and ensuring they get promoted on time. Human Resource Management Durban offers great techniques when it comes to running the business properly!
-Mistakes Made When Hiring Employees
-Make Sure They’re Happy and Productive in Their Role
-Promotions for High Performers
What the most common mistakes when hiring employees?
* Do not conduct a thorough interview.
* Don’t ask the right questions during interviews.
* Make sure that you are asking for referrals and checking references before making an offer to someone who might be under qualified or have bad intentions of staying with your company.
* Do not check social media profiles, this can give you insight into what type of person they really are outside of work hours which is very important in today’s workforce where people use their personal pages as business pages too! Most importantly do not hire anyone without looking at their past resume because resumes often lie about qualifications or other things like criminal records or hidden experience working at another job while still being on payroll somewhere else.
When to promote high performers?
For those who are not up to speed on the latest trends and how it is changing the workforce, a high performer in this day and age can be anyone from a full-time employee or an intern.
* You need to be able to see that they have made improvements by asking about what their goals were at the start of their career with your company then compare them now.
* If you find out that someone has been working for other companies around town while being employed with yours will make sure there was no overlap because if so they may have some experience but it might just take time before they achieve success again when back onto staff at your place of business.