Sticky

Signs That You Have Radon in Your Home

Radon is a colorless, odorless gas that comes from the natural radioactive decay of uranium in soil and rock. It’s been shown to cause lung cancer in humans and is the second leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers. Radontiltak is silent killer with no warning signs or symptoms, which can make it difficult to detect before it’s too late.

There are several ways you can measure radon levels in your home: Get a test kit for measuring radon in homes (available at most hardware stores). These kits come with instructions on how to set up and use them properly. They will help you determine if you need to take further action for reducing radon levels.

The EPA recommends that you fix your home if the test result is >200 Bq/m³ (the average outdoor level). A higher or lower number may also be cause for concern, depending on where you live and how often it has been measured in your area.

radontiltak

Use an electronic monitor called a passive real-time continuous radon monitor (PRCRM). PRCRMs typically cost $300 and up. They provide you with the most accurate radon levels in your home, but they aren’t as easy to use as a test kit because you have to send them back for analysis every month or so.

Install an active real-time continuous radon monitor (ARTCM). These devices can be expensive ($500-$3000), which makes them impractical if you only need basic testing done once or twice per year. However, ARTCMs are ideal if there’s high risk of exposure due to ongoing renovation work at your house that could raise overall indoor radiation levels. If results show higher than average levels of about 400 Bq/m³ action should be taken immediately!

Contact a professional radon mitigation service. They will do an assessment of your home and provide you with detailed information about the best way to reduce radiation levels in it.

As mentioned earlier, there are no warning signs or symptoms for high levels of radon (the only exception is if you happen to know that other people on your property have lung cancer). It’s very important to test regularly for this gas!